- KOAT news. “Aging Pipes Mean Higher Water Bills” http://www.koat.com/news/aging-pipes-could-mean-water-bill-hike/34284754
- Combined sewer overflows article, by Anne Jefferson, a geology professor from Kent State. http://all-geo.org/highlyallochthonous/2013/03/combined-sewer-overflows-solving-a-19th-century-problem-in-the-21st-century/
- USGS poster – How Do We Treat Our Wastewater? http://water.usgs.gov/outreach/Posters/wastewater/grade.html, USGS Waste Water Activity, and supplies:
- 14 feet of yarn, string or rope
- Shredded paper or packing peanuts and a cardboard box
- Septic System Poster
- Combined Sewer Overflow video: A Drop’s Life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ug1hravb9Q. Applies to certain cities only, mostly in the eastern US – find out if your city has this type of system.
- Dirty Jobs: Septic Tank Technician video (Caution – this video has one bad word at 1:16) http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/plumbing/sewer2.htm